How do I accept a walkie talkie invite?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have Apple Watch series 3. We both have Watch OS5. I opened walkie talkie and invited her. She opened walkie talkie and invited me. Now, both watches show each of us as “invited.” We can’t actually accept the invites or use walkie talkie.

Help?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I both have Apple Watch series 3. We both have Watch OS5. I opened walkie talkie and invited her. She opened walkie talkie and invited me. Now, both watches show each of us as “invited.” We can’t actually accept the invites or use walkie talkie.

Help?

Use the Watch app on the iPhone to see if there is any incoming Walkie Talkie invite.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Use the Watch app on the iPhone to see if there is any incoming Walkie Talkie invite.

I checked there and it just shows my wife as a contact in the watch app. I deleted her in the contacts in the walkie talkie section of the watch app, then went back to the watch and sent another invitation. Now I’m back to “invited,” but no way to accept her invite.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I had a tough time starting the exchange, but my wife said her invite popped up yesterday morning, she accepted and talked to me. Everything seems fine now but i can't tell what made it work. Rebooted the watch and phone a couple of times but that's about it. Good luck!

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I had a tough time starting the exchange, but my wife said her invite popped up yesterday morning, she accepted and talked to me. Everything seems fine now but i can't tell what made it work. Rebooted the watch and phone a couple of times but that's about it. Good luck!

Yes, hopefully after some time it will just start working. So far, no luck.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Well, after about 24 hours, I just got a notification that my wife accepted the invite. Like most Apple things when they don't work, just wait a little while and the problem solves itself.

KittyMom

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
My cousin and I invited each other and all our screens said was invitation sent. I rebooted my watch and phone a few times and we finally got it to work. Also, make sure you have the latest update installed. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal