For those of you that have/had one, in your considered opinion, is the 8 a viable upgrade, and what did you think of the build quality ?
    09-17-2018 01:07 PM
    For those of you that have/had one, in your considered opinion, is the 8 a viable upgrade, and what did you think of the build quality ?
    I had an 8 briefly when it launched then jumped to X. I think the 8 is definitely a viable purchase. Whether it’s an upgrade depends on what you are coming from. A 7 to an 8 in my opinion isn’t worth it. Keep your money. A 6s or below and the 8 is an upgrade for sure. Just my 2cents.
    kataran likes this.
    09-17-2018 01:29 PM
    I agree the 8 is a good upgrade from an under 7 series device but if you have the 7 you should consider the new Xr unless your a true fan of Touch ID

But if size is an issue you can try and get an X that might be lying around for cost Conscience
    09-17-2018 02:15 PM
    You also need to consider is Face ID / PIN the way you want to go, or do you prefer Touch ID?
    09-17-2018 04:25 PM
    You also need to consider is Face ID / PIN the way you want to go, or do you prefer Touch ID?
    I have only just started getting used to touch ID on my newer iPad, I must say that it is slow and often needs to be tried more than once. That said a horrible thought occurs to me, various apps repeatedly offer me the”opportunity” to sign into them with touch ID, which I don’t do of course. The awful idea occurs, that if I go to Face ID the same thing could happen, leaving a really worthwhile target for the hacking fraternity. Not just my mug but millions of them !!
    09-17-2018 06:45 PM
    I had a iPhone 8 briefly before I went to 8 Plus and found it a very good device ,excellent battery/camera and would last you for years at a reasonable price and is most likely the last iPhone that uses touch ID if you prefer rather than face ID .
    09-17-2018 06:45 PM
    I have only just started getting used to touch ID on my newer iPad, I must say that it is slow and often needs to be tried more than once.
    Agreed. However, as a blue collar worker, my fingers stay dried and cracked, and have calluses. Touch ID works for first time about 90% of the time. It's not a device issue, but a finger issue. I'll still take that all day long. Read too many issues with face ID.
    09-17-2018 06:50 PM
    Agreed. However, as a blue collar worker, my fingers stay dried and cracked, and have calluses. Touch ID works for first time about 90% of the time. It's not a device issue, but a finger issue. I'll still take that all day long. Read too many issues with face ID.
    I have the same finger problems for the same reason.And I should say that it works about 60% of the time for me.
    09-17-2018 07:09 PM
    I upgraded to the 8plus from 6 and it has been a fantastic experience so far. And what with iOS 12 my phone feels like brand new. I’d say the 8 is still a very capable device and you won’t be disappointed with it.
    09-18-2018 10:58 AM