Hello,

Can we set automatic screen on When I click on the silent button (on the left of the iphone) ? - just to know if my phone’s ringer is on or off

I have to click any button just to recheck whether I’m on silent key or not (when my screen is off). Little thing but it’s annoying (for me) since i usually do this when I wake up (maybe still in half asleep) just to make sure my ringer is on

And yes, i don’t know why I cannot manage to remember which switch (up/bottom) should be silent on or off.

Thx
    08-11-2018 01:28 PM
    Hello,

Can we set automatic screen on When I click on the silent button (on the left of the iphone) ? - just to know if my phone’s ringer is on or off

I have to click any button just to recheck whether I’m on silent key or not (when my screen is off). Little thing but it’s annoying (for me) since i usually do this when I wake up (maybe still in half asleep) just to make sure my ringer is on

And yes, i don’t know why I cannot manage to remember which switch (up/bottom) should be silent on or off.

Thx
    Down is off, you should also see the red line when it is off. Unfortunately there is no way to set an option to wake the screen with the switch that I am aware of.
    Tartarus and Annie_M like this.
    08-11-2018 01:56 PM
    When you flip it one way or another, it should tell you if it's on or off. Mine does.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-11-2018 02:31 PM
    I forgot to mention one other thing. When you flip the switch to the silent position your phone should vibrate indicating it’s in silent mode.
    k1ward likes this.
    08-11-2018 04:29 PM
    When you flip it one way or another, it should tell you if it's on or off. Mine does.
    Well, that could be another options besides clicking any other button

It seems like I just have to manage with these
    08-12-2018 04:56 AM
    I forgot to mention one other thing. When you flip the switch to the silent position your phone should vibrate indicating it’s in silent mode.
    Yes, figure that as well

Believe me, I’m a zombie with no sense and brain when I’m half asleep LOL
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-12-2018 04:58 AM
    Hello,

Thx
    This is one of my biggest complaints with iOS. You would think there would be a subtle little icon next to the battery icon to tell you that your phone is in Mute mode, but there isn't.

Let Apple know directly by making a suggestion here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p
    08-12-2018 11:47 AM