Messages in iCloud Mac. Some messages not syncing

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi has anyone noticed on a few occasions that messages wouldn’t show on the Mac while it’s turned off and those older messages don’t show up

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi has anyone noticed on a few occasions that messages wouldn’t show on the Mac while it’s turned off
How can they appear on a device that’s power off?
and those older messages don’t show up

Thanks

If there are messages on my iPhone when I turn on my MacBook Pro, those messages sync to it.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes that’s what I mean when I turn on my Mac not all the messages I sent today or yesterday appear so like I’m missing a message I sent to a friend today on the Mac but it’s on iPhone and iPad

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes that’s what I mean when I turn on my Mac not all the messages I sent today or yesterday appear so like I’m missing a message I sent to a friend today on the Mac but it’s on iPhone and iPad

Are the missing texts iMessages or SMS messages?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
The one from today is an iMessage but I had texts yesterday that were regular sms and some of them didn’t appear on the Mac either. I’m guessing it’s an issue with the Mac and not necessarily iCloud as they’re appearing on iPad if it was an iCloud issue surely the messages wouldn’t sync on any device ?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The one from today is an iMessage but I had texts yesterday that were regular sms and some of them didn’t appear on the Mac either. I’m guessing it’s an issue with the Mac and not necessarily iCloud as they’re appearing on iPad if it was an iCloud issue surely the messages wouldn’t sync on any device ?

Not necessarily. There are reports where things that sync almost instantaneously via iOS devices isn’t always the case with a Mac. Where the problem lies, I don’t know.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
It seemed to work fine initially when it launched but after a while it seemed to have not work well on the Mac majority of time it does not always though. I’ll check again tommorow and see If it syncs hopefully it will

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
The missing message did come through but took me a lot of troubleshooting had to log out and sign back in 3 times and then disable messages in iCloud and re enable it and turn off text message forwarding off and back on and then it finally came through. once again it seems to only be sometimes not always

anon(10730282)

Feb 18, 2021
Visit site
One user iphone8.pngI have a really annoying issue! on MacBook Pro early 2011 just "One" user's old messages do not sync on iCloud, only new messages do! so no old messages for this "One" user on any other devices! Sending and receiving messages fine from Mac to iPad to iPhon for all users including this 'One' user too. Any ideas please!!

Attachments

• One user MBP.png
    One user MBP.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro