I haven’t used my iPhone 8 Plus for about a month. Returned to it today and downloaded the latest iOS 11.4.1. Now, when I open Maps in CarPlay it goes haywire. Phone starts disconnecting and reconnecting over and over, making CarPlay unusable. This only seems to happen when Maps is opened. I used it a month ago with no issues. I’ve restarted my phone and car. Any ideas?
    08-04-2018 10:17 AM
    Ours is working fine. I'm not even sure I'd know where to start to troubleshoot that one. Make sure that things in your car are up to date. Ours (Sync 3 in our Lincoln) just recently had an update. More than likely it's getting ready for CarPlay changes coming in iOS 12.
    08-04-2018 10:38 AM
    I haven’t used my iPhone 8 Plus for about a month. Returned to it today and downloaded the latest iOS 11.4.1. Now, when I open Maps in CarPlay it goes haywire. Phone starts disconnecting and reconnecting over and over, making CarPlay unusable. This only seems to happen when Maps is opened. I used it a month ago with no issues. I’ve restarted my phone and car. Any ideas?
    Delete your device from your vehicle’s infotainment system and then turn the car off. Reboot your iPhone 8 Plus. Turn your car back on then pair the iPhone to your vehicle. Afterwards, connect the device to your vehicle via the USB cable. CarPlay should work properly for you.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    08-04-2018 11:05 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I'm embarrassed to say that it didn't work--because the problem was with the lightning cable the whole time. It only coincidentally worsened when I opened Apple Maps.
    08-05-2018 02:44 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I'm embarrassed to say that it didn't work--because the problem was with the lightning cable the whole time. It only coincidentally worsened when I opened Apple Maps.
    No problem, but I’m glad the issue is resolved. Take care.
    08-05-2018 04:25 PM