iPhone is Disabled - Connect to iTunes....I can't connect to iTunes

pujoslfan

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
My grandmother thought she needed an iPhone, and now i'm in a predicament.

Apparently she entered the wrong passcode 10 times, and now the phone says, "iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes". However, I am unable to connect it to iTunes. The phone has never been connected to iTunes before, and the phone is disabled. When connecting it to iTunes, I get a message stating "itunes could not connect to this iphone beacuse an unknown error occurred 0xe8000015".

I cannot get the phone to go into recovery mode because it won't connect to iTunes. I've tried it on multiple computers, updated, reinstalled, etc.

I thought I might be able to erase it by using icloud, but that wouldn't work either. The website just said the erasing was pending and would erase when the phone connected to the internet.....but the phone is disabled, so it can't connect.

Help? Anyone? I'm so frustrated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Restart the iPhone. That should fix the problem.
2. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet, and if you have a firewall in place, make sure it allows iTunes access to the internet.
2. If you don't have the latest iTunes version, please download and install the latest version.
3. Connect the device to iTunes and then select to restore it.
4. You may have to disable restrictions on the iPhone, if applicable.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Apple support may be able to help, but be prepared to play a game of 20-questions so they can verify that either you or your grandmother are the rightful owner of the device. It's just one of many security protocols in place.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
You need to do more than just restart to recover a phone, you need to go into recovery mode which involves a forced restart. If the OP cares to let me know which phone his grandmother has, I will be able to give you the correct sequence to follow,

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Apple support may be able to help, but be prepared to play a game of 20-questions so they can verify that either you or your grandmother are the rightful owner of the device. It's just one of many security protocols in place.

Exactly this! While playing Apple’s version of 20 questions can sometimes the tedious, I appreciate their security. Because there are people out there who have gotten devices through ill gotten gains- knowing that if someone got ahold of one of my devices that way, thanks to Apple’s security would have an impossible time getting into my device!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

As long as the phone owner has the receipt (which has the serial number of the device) and a state ID that has the name matching the name on the account (which also has the serial number of the device attached to the account), that's all that is needed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2