Home iMore Q&A > Ask a Question

How can I transfer info from my old iPhone to my new iPhone?

Asked: Jul 29 2018 | 11:04 am EDT 1614 Views 4 Answers View Best Answer

My iphone 5 is messed with the charging port so my phone carrier is replacing it free however is there a way to transfer all of my info from my old phone to this new one since it still works fine but just couldn't charge?.... I other words can I just swap "hard drives" or "sim" card and have my old phone back with all it photos and texts??

Best Answer

Jul 29 2018 | 11:37 am EDT Tartarus

My iphone 5 is messed with the charging port so my phone carrier is replacing it free however is there a way to transfer all of my info from my old phone to this new one since it still works fine but just couldn't charge?.... I other words can I just swap "hard drives" or "sim" card and have my old phone back with all it photos and texts??
Connect the iPhone to iTunes and make a backup. Once you get the new iPhone restore from that backup.

More Answers

Jul 29 2018 | 3:52 pm EDT Ledsteplin

If you have an iCloud back up, just restore the new phone with that, OTA. Via iTunes is better, as stated above. You should be able to transfer the SIM card to the new phone. Not sure though.
Jul 29 2018 | 5:56 pm EDT TwitchyPuppy

Connect the iPhone to iTunes and make a backup. Once you get the new iPhone restore from that backup.
I can’t really connect to iTunes if its charging port is defective.
Jul 30 2018 | 5:08 am EDT p3t3rPan

If you have an iCloud back up, just restore the new phone with that, OTA. Via iTunes is better, as stated above. You should be able to transfer the SIM card to the new phone. Not sure though.
This