Black Friday is almost here!

Get the inside track on all the best deals.

My iphone 5 is messed with the charging port so my phone carrier is replacing it free however is there a way to transfer all of my info from my old phone to this new one since it still works fine but just couldn't charge?.... I other words can I just swap "hard drives" or "sim" card and have my old phone back with all it photos and texts??
    07-29-2018 12:04 PM
  2. Tartarus said: Best Answer

My iphone 5 is messed with the charging port so my phone carrier is replacing it free however is there a way to transfer all of my info from my old phone to this new one since it still works fine but just couldn't charge?.... I other words can I just swap "hard drives" or "sim" card and have my old phone back with all it photos and texts??
    Connect the iPhone to iTunes and make a backup. Once you get the new iPhone restore from that backup.
    Connect the iPhone to iTunes and make a backup. Once you get the new iPhone restore from that backup.
    Sherry_B and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-29-2018 12:37 PM
    If you have an iCloud back up, just restore the new phone with that, OTA. Via iTunes is better, as stated above. You should be able to transfer the SIM card to the new phone. Not sure though.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-29-2018 04:52 PM
    I can’t really connect to iTunes if its charging port is defective.
    07-29-2018 06:56 PM
    If you have an iCloud back up, just restore the new phone with that, OTA. Via iTunes is better, as stated above. You should be able to transfer the SIM card to the new phone. Not sure though.
    This
    07-30-2018 06:08 AM