Can an exception be made for my security camera app when do not disturb is enabled?

happythach864

Jul 26, 2018
Visit site
Recently converted from Android (used since 2010, prior to that Palm Pre user) to Apple and currently using, and really liking an iPhone X but can't seem to find a way to allow an exception for my security camera app when do not disturb is on. Is this not possible? It was very useful in my prior phones to be able to block everything but a few phone numbers and the one app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Recently converted from Android (used since 2010, prior to that Palm Pre user) to Apple and currently using, and really liking an iPhone X but can't seem to find a way to allow an exception for my security camera app when do not disturb is on. Is this not possible? It was very useful in my prior phones to be able to block everything but a few phone numbers and the one app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know there isn't any way to add exceptions for 3rd party apps. Is it HomeKit enabled? Maybe there is something you can do through there.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You'll need something like IFTT (If This Then That) for what you want to do with the security camera app. You can find it on the app store.

As for blocking all incoming calls except from a few chosen contacts; you'll need to set those contacts as your Favorite, and then enable Do Not Disturb from within the phones settings. Settings > Do Not Disturb > Allow Calls From: Favorites.

When DnD is enabled you will only receive calls from those on your Favorites list.

To allow someone to text you when DnD is enabled, go into their Contact and edit it and you'll see how to use ByPass DnD for incoming texts. You can do this too for calls if you don't wish to add that contact to your Favorites.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
You'll need something like IFTT (If This Then That) for what you want to do with the security camera app. You can find it on the app store.

As for blocking all incoming calls or texts except from a few chosen contacts; you'll need to set those contacts as your Favorite, and then enable Do Not Disturb from within the phones settings. Settings > Do Not Disturb > Allow Calls From: Favorites.

I wonder if there will be a way in iOS 12 to do the security camera thing through Siri Shortcuts. I'm using the Public Beta, but I don't think Shortcuts is active yet.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if there will be a way in iOS 12 to do the security camera thing through Siri Shortcuts. I'm using the Public Beta, but I don't think Shortcuts is active yet.

It's quite possible. I was testing 12 on my iPad, but things were getting wonky so I uninstalled. I hear that the beta right now is extremely smooth so I might be reinstalling again.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
It's quite possible. I was testing 12 on my iPad, but things were getting wonky so I uninstalled. I hear that the beta right now is extremely smooth so I might be reinstalling again.

The Public Beta of 12 is really stable on my X. I started with the second PB though. I didn't do the original PB.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox