Audio Sounds Like Record Skipping on iPhone

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The audio on my 6S Plus has gotten progressively worse. Just about every time I listen to a podcast, music or audio book, the sound inevitably goes south.

The best description I can give is it is like a record skipping. Totally random, lasts about 30 seconds then goes away.

OS is up to date. Given that it happens with all three formats, hardware issue?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it, but I can’t say for certain. Which Podcast app are you using? Are you listening via Wi-Fi it cellular data?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The only way to tell if it's hardware is to backup and then factory reset. Do not restore from backup yet and do not install any 3rd party apps... listen to an audiobook that is on your device.

If the issue is still there then make an appointment with your local Apple Genius Bar.

If the issue is not, then you need to decide whether or not you want to reinstall your backup. It's quite possible you will reinstall the issue.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to you both for chiming in! I’m using the stock podcast app.

I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do the reset or go to see the Genius folks.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks to you both for chiming in! I’m using the stock podcast app.

I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do the reset or go to see the Genius folks.

You're most welcome!

Having to reset and restore can be a pain in the butt. If you do have to go in to see the Genius Bar peeps, they'll backup and reset your device anyway, so doing so before you take it in is one less step they'll have to take. It helps them with diagnostics when the device is set up as new without any 3rd party apps installed.

Let us know how things go, or if you figure out what's wrong?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner