Ok, if I am watching a video my iPad, the screen stays on no issue. With other apps it dims after a set amount of time then the screen goes off. I use One Note for my guitar practice and the screen goes off all the time and its quite annoying.

I have found the setting to increase screen alive time between touches but that affects all apps and is screwing my battery life.

Is it possible to just set certain apps to always keep screen alive while in use?

Thanks
    Chris
    07-24-2018 07:06 AM
    Hello Chris, and welcome to iMore!

There is no setting that I know of in iOS. The feature you want has to be added by the app developer themselves. I have one that does it called OurGroceries (syncs custom lists between the app on your phone and on your partners phone). It's handy to have the screen forced to stay on sometimes, but the dummy developer did not add an option in the app to disable it.

If you want this type of feature you'll have to request it from Apple, or from specific app developers.
    Chris welcome to iMore! Please feel free to join so you can respond in the thread.

Anyways I have searched the settings on my iPhone and could not find such a feature for individual apps.
    07-24-2018 07:49 AM
    Ok, if I am watching a video my iPad, the screen stays on no issue. With other apps it dims after a set amount of time then the screen goes off. I use One Note for my guitar practice and the screen goes off all the time and its quite annoying.

I have found the setting to increase screen alive time between touches but that affects all apps and is screwing my battery life.

Is it possible to just set certain apps to always keep screen alive while in use?

Thanks
    Chris
    I can't recall if it is present in iOS 11, but with iOS 12, if your attention is detected, the device will not dim the screen.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-24-2018 08:29 AM
    I can't recall if it is present in iOS 11, but with iOS 12, if your attention is detected, the device will not dim the screen.
    Isn’t this only for iPhone X’s?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-24-2018 09:31 AM
    It depends, some sort of sensor would be needed OR the device's camera. IF it's done with the camera, and that probably IS how it's done, then only the X probably. IF its tapping in to another sensor then a solid maybe! lol My suspicion is it's an X only feature.
    Just_Me_D and Tartarus like this.
    07-24-2018 10:22 AM
    You know, I’m not sure.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-24-2018 10:57 AM
    You know, I’m not sure.
    I ask this because my iPhone 7 Plus doesn’t have this feature, and yet I’m on the latest dev beta.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-24-2018 11:10 AM
    Hello Chris, and welcome to iMore!

There is no setting that I know of in iOS. The feature you want has to be added by the app developer themselves. I have one that does it called OurGroceries (syncs custom lists between the app on your phone and on your partners phone). It's handy to have the screen forced to stay on sometimes, but the dummy developer did not add an option in the app to disable it.

If you want this type of feature you'll have to request it from Apple, or from specific app developers.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-24-2018 12:09 PM