I notice lots of people have contact photos but how are they getting them? Are they manually adding them? Is there no way to pull the contacts from Facebook or some other source
    07-22-2018 10:57 AM
    They're manually added. If it's a friend then I snag one of my fav photos of them from their FB account. If it's a business then I go to their website and snag their logo. Anyone in the medical field you can generally find a photo of them on their website or other site. I like having my doctor or my dentist photos in their contact. People never ever believe me when I say my primary care physican is the spitting image of Richard Gere.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-22-2018 12:16 PM
    Yes, I manually associated photos with my contacts over the years, but unless, I’m updating the photos, it’s a one-time occurrence. The photos and data will sync to iCloud, if you use iCloud.
    07-22-2018 12:17 PM
    I see. A bit tedious.
    07-22-2018 12:23 PM
    I manually add most of mine. But some are synced in via Gmail, Twitter, and other places. I don't do anything to get those. They just show up some way.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-22-2018 12:23 PM
    I see. A bit tedious.
    It really is tedious the first time you do it, and it takes forever. But once it's done it's kind of satisfying to see their face or company logo cover my screen when I get a call.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-22-2018 12:26 PM
    I see. A bit tedious.
    It can be tedious if you have hundreds or even thousands of contacts you’d like to add photos to, however, how else do you expect the photos to be associated? Auto-magically? My photo of John Does may not be the same for your specific John Doe. Know what I mean?
    07-22-2018 01:56 PM
    It can be tedious if you have hundreds or even thousands of contacts you’d like to add photos to, however, how else do you expect the photos to be associated? Auto-magically? My photo of John Does may not be the same for your specific John Doe. Know what I mean?
    Back in the day I associated Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn with my contacts and it pulled the photos from there to my contacts list.
    Just_Me_D and Sherry_B like this.
    07-22-2018 02:55 PM
    Back in the day I associated Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn with my contacts and it pulled the photos from there to my contacts list.
    I don’t think I that is possible anymore.
    Last edited by Deihmos1; 07-22-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    Tartarus and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-22-2018 02:57 PM
    I manually add most of mine. But some are synced in via Gmail, Twitter, and other places. I don't do anything to get those. They just show up some way.
    Same here. I have on occasion changed a photo from Gmail, Twitter and others because I didn't care for the picture of the person...LOL
    Tartarus, Just_Me_D and Sherry_B like this.
    07-22-2018 04:06 PM
    Same here. I have on occasion changed a photo from Gmail, Twitter and others because I didn't care for the picture of the person...LOL
    I added an app developer. I put in his name and email address. Then his photo magically appeared. Had to be tied to his email address I guess. No clue.
    07-22-2018 07:34 PM