Hello, thanks for a super great site and podcast etc!

I’ve purchased an app (Mastock) from Mac app store. Unfortunately the developer had some sort of accident and has stopped supporting the software. However, the last thing he did unfortunately was to post a new version of Mastock on the app store. I decided against updating after some testing of the new version on another computer.

This has been all well and good for me until now when I bought a new mac and moved over my data and software. The Mastock tries to validate itself at app store but can’t because the version there is newer than the one I use (and a version that is fairly stable and okey). SO it won't start on my new MBP as the validation fails. I've had long chats with support people at apple but they refer me to the developer that doesn't answer emails anymore and might even have left us.

Any ideas that might help? A clone of my old MBP that I install in the new? Anyway to remove the validation by the software? My old MBP still works but for how long? Thanks!
    07-19-2018 03:09 PM
    Hello, thanks for a super great site and podcast etc!

I’ve purchased an app (Mastock) from Mac app store. Unfortunately the developer had some sort of accident and has stopped supporting the software. However, the last thing he did unfortunately was to post a new version of Mastock on the app store. I decided against updating after some testing of the new version on another computer.

This has been all well and good for me until now when I bought a new mac and moved over my data and software. The Mastock tries to validate itself at app store but can’t because the version there is newer than the one I use (and a version that is fairly stable and okey). SO it won't start on my new MBP as the validation fails. I've had long chats with support people at apple but they refer me to the developer that doesn't answer emails anymore and might even have left us.

Any ideas that might help? A clone of my old MBP that I install in the new? Anyway to remove the validation by the software? My old MBP still works but for how long? Thanks!
    There’s really nothing you can do, in my opinion, and if the developer has stopped supporting the app then it’s just a matter of time before Apple shuts it down.
    Lee_Bo and Sherry_B like this.
    07-19-2018 08:38 PM