iPhone connecting to internet. Only iMessages are working on WiFi.

I

iMore Question

I have done everything. And I mean everything. From resetting the phone to resetting the router then to factory restoring the iPhone and loading it up as a brand new phone. I’ve noticed it’s connecting to the IP address 1.7 instead of 1.5 like on my mom’s computer. But I’ve even manually put in all the IP settings and still it won’t load anything but iMessages. I don’t know what else to do. Somebody wants this phone and I’m willing to sell it to them if I can get it to work. Only iMessages work on WiFi. Nothing else. Please, fix this ungodly broken phone... I have a software update but the WiFi won’t let it load to update that either.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have done everything. And I mean everything. From resetting the phone to resetting the router then to factory restoring the iPhone and loading it up as a brand new phone. I’ve noticed it’s connecting to the IP address 1.7 instead of 1.5 like on my mom’s computer. But I’ve even manually put in all the IP settings and still it won’t load anything but iMessages. I don’t know what else to do. Somebody wants this phone and I’m willing to sell it to them if I can get it to work. Only iMessages work on WiFi. Nothing else. Please, fix this ungodly broken phone... I have a software update but the WiFi won’t let it load to update that either.

You really should try to go on WiFi somewhere else and see if the issue is also present there.
If not, your parents need to restart the modem.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Restart the router in the house, and also try changing the channel on the router to one less congested. If that doesn't work or if going somewhere other than your house to test the WiFi doesn't work, and there are no parental controls set that's interfering then you'll need to make an appointment at your local Apple store with the Genius Bar and have them look at it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2