Randomly losing touch sensitivity on the far right side of the screen of my iphone7.

Danny Freman

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
So, I keep running into this issue, that mostly materializes while I'm texting, where I won't be able to touch anything on the very far right of the screen. I.e. I won't be able to use the delete, L, or P keys, and won't be able to click on the apps in the far right corner of the screen. This would seem like a hardware issue, but the thing that makes me doubt that is: when this occurs, if I hit the on/off button to turn the screen off and then hit the home screen to turn the phone back on, I'm then able to temporarily use that part of the screen again perfectly. It seems like my phone is in this not-touch-sensitive mode more often than it is not, and I am constantly turning it off and on to access that part of the screen.

What could be causing this? I took my phone to the Apple store, but they just kept trying to get me to buy a new screen and/or a new phone, and didn't seem interested in the fact that the issue could be temporarily solved via a means that did not alter the hardware. I did a factory reset, but it did not fix my issue. Any ideas? Do I actually need a new screen? I am in Hawaii and people here suggested me to visit local stores like TCAWireless and few other. Should I go? Please help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try resetting all settings. If that doesn’t work, make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store or a Best Buy Store.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Do you have any callus' on your fingers or thumbs? I only ask because, as a bass player, I do have that issue on my index finger and thumb and sometimes the screen does not recognize my input.

Can you try using a stylus and see if you get the same results?