Slo-mo video problems

marbleize

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I shot a slo-mo video and copied it to my Windows 10 laptop.

In Windows Media Player it doesn't play slo-mo at all. Selecting Enhancements - Play speed settings and picking a slower speed causes the video to skip through and display a series of still frames.

In the Photos app on the laptop, it alternates between playing a few seconds slo-mo and then a few seconds much faster.

Is there something I can do to get it to play correctly as recorded?

Also, if I upload it to facebook, will it play correctly there, or will it still be messed up?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You can select which part of the video is normal speed and which part is slow mo.
Open the video and tap edit on the upper right corner.

I don’t know if Windows will be able to handle it though. As for Facebook; just upload it and set the privacy to only you, so you can preview it before sharing to the public/friends.

marbleize

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Okay. I wasn't. Unfortunately, it is no longer on my phone. I have only the video file saved to my Windows 10 laptop to work with.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay. I wasn't. Unfortunately, it is no longer on my phone. I have only the video file saved to my Windows 10 laptop to work with.

How did the video get onto your computer? I downloaded one of my slow-motion videos through iCloud.com on my Windows 10 computer and it plays in slow-motion exact as it does on my phone.

I'm wonder if the transfer method has something to do with it not playing correctly.

marbleize

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I suppose that's possible, but since the file should contain all the data of the video, including playspeed, I'd think it should work right. If different apps aren't quite compatible with their slo-mo format, I'd expect Apple to at least post an information article about the details. I haven't been able to find much recent/good info so far. The tech changes so fast that stuff posted even a couple years ago is out-of-date. May be time to double-down on a more thorough search.

I don't know how to download through icloud.com. Do you also have to set the camera to backup to icloud, and then use itunes?

I copy pictures directly from windows explorer - the iphone folders into the folders I want the pictures in on my computer.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I suppose that's possible, but since the file should contain all the data of the video, including playspeed, I'd think it should work right. If different apps aren't quite compatible with their slo-mo format, I'd expect Apple to at least post an information article about the details. I haven't been able to find much recent/good info so far. The tech changes so fast that stuff posted even a couple years ago is out-of-date. May be time to double-down on a more thorough search.

I don't know how to download through icloud.com. Do you also have to set the camera to backup to icloud, and then use itunes?

I copy pictures directly from windows explorer - the iphone folders into the folders I want the pictures in on my computer.

I understand your frustration. I’ve come to accept that stuff isn’t compatible, especially with editing videos. That’s why I do all the editing on my iPhone.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Don't use iTunes for this.

Click on Photos.
Select the video you want.
Click the download icon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73