I took my working iphone 8 to the mall (fully working, just a cracked screen) and found a little kiosk that repairs phones. He took my phone to replace the screen and I paid. I came back later and he told me that "something went wrong" and told me that he tried multiple screens and the phone does not display anything. I was frustrated and furious, so I got my money back and told him to put my old screen back on. He did it, but once again the screen no longer worked!! The phone powers on, and I can receive phone calls but the screen simply won't work. My fear is that it's hardware damage that will cost a fortune to repair. What can it be?
    07-07-2018 12:35 AM
    I would only trust a genuine Apple store to repair my screen , he could have damaged it in his attempt to repair it ,I would contact a Apple store and they will give you a appointment time or address to mail it for repairs .
    07-07-2018 05:24 AM
    I took my working iphone 8 to the mall (fully working, just a cracked screen) and found a little kiosk that repairs phones. He took my phone to replace the screen and I paid. I came back later and he told me that "something went wrong" and told me that he tried multiple screens and the phone does not display anything. I was frustrated and furious, so I got my money back and told him to put my old screen back on. He did it, but once again the screen no longer worked!! The phone powers on, and I can receive phone calls but the screen simply won't work. My fear is that it's hardware damage that will cost a fortune to repair. What can it be?
    I’m going to assume you do not have Apple Care Plus for your iPhone 8. If true, then chalk this up as a lesson learned. Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not saying that to be mean.

Anyway, if you want a functioning iPhone 8, more than likely, you’re going to have to make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store. Yes, it’s going to cost you, but at least you’ll have a working iPhone.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    07-07-2018 07:47 AM