If the phone is on the home screen then it times out according to set in settings/display and brightness.

When some apps are running the screen remains open continuously.

I would expect this from Maps apps and some other categories but shouldn’t they be required to allow you to choose if you want no timeout feature turned of for their app.
    07-01-2018 01:05 AM
    If the phone is on the home screen then it times out according to set in settings/display and brightness.

I would expect this from Maps apps and some other categories but shouldn’t they be required to allow you to choose if you want no timeout feature turned of for their app.
    I’ve never experienced this. My phone times out regardless of what app I’m using. Can you give us some specific examples?
    07-01-2018 08:29 AM
    Welcome to iMore

I agree with Nikki can you give us an examples?

Your device will Time out not only on the home screen but also while using an app including Maps
    07-02-2018 05:54 PM

I have a few apps that do this and it's annoying as hell (OurGroceries is just one). But it's totally up to the app developer to offer the option you want. It hasn't been enough of an annoyance for me to contact the app developer of OurGroceries.... yet. Since I do pay for the app I would hope they would at least consider it should I ask.
    07-04-2018 11:24 AM