Heat generation during daily activities, 7 and X.

I

iMore Question

When browsing sites like iMore, Macrumors, IGN, and other places similar I can feel heat below the camera, the temp in the room varies room 70-75 Fahrenheit, and my co-workers temp gun read the phone at a max of 92 degrees in the office. Yesterday evening just trying to use it outside it hit easily over 98 degrees and was 80 degrees out but at this time I was trying to load a page and it wouldnt load so I was forced to use Airplane mode.

Guess I am wondering if anyone else has had this? And can anyone feel underneath the camera while doing moderate browsing for 5 - 10 minutes, (flipping between sites decently quick, and loading some posts)

I would be enternally grateful if someone else had a temp gun or could test and see if gets warm doing what i described above...

P.S. Happens on two iPhones, personal is iPhone X ATT, Work is iPhone 7 Verizon

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.com! Please consider signing up for a membership. Could this issue be related to your radios? In particular the cellular radio? Most times in an office in a building with thick concrete walls our devices WILL search for signal often and this can create heat. Also are you in a remote area, and not a big city? It could be coverage is just spotty in your town, and thus your phone is always searching for signal.