iOS 12 beta iMessages only sending with email not phone number. Anyone else having this issue?

Godfrey_Work

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
When I send iMessages to someone it doesn’t show my phone number, just my default Apple ID email. In iMessages setting it shows my Apple ID in send and receive but does not show my number

rcastle2

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
I had same issue even after sign out an power off. I had to uncheck my apple email address's from under send and receive. Just left my phone number checked and that worked for now.

pp221

Jun 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys , I’m having this same problem but in reverse.my friends is coming up as an email even though she has a iPhone it won’t let me FaceTime or iMessage her via her usual number. She hasn’t changed any settings or anything and she has ticked that you can reach her by number OR email. But when I go to search for her in my messages it appears green rather than blue. Once putting her email in my contact under her number only THEN can we FaceTime and iMessage. Pls help? Do you think it may be to do with the Beta ios12 because once trying on my mums iPhone the number appears blue and available for iMessage and FaceTime ....

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys , I’m having this same problem but in reverse.my friends is coming up as an email even though she has a iPhone it won’t let me FaceTime or iMessage her via her usual number. She hasn’t changed any settings or anything and she has ticked that you can reach her by number OR email. But when I go to search for her in my messages it appears green rather than blue. Once putting her email in my contact under her number only THEN can we FaceTime and iMessage. Pls help? Do you think it may be to do with the Beta ios12 because once trying on my mums iPhone the number appears blue and available for iMessage and FaceTime ....

Are you both on iOS 12? If you see her email, rather than her number, then it's on her end. She needs to go to settings > Messages > sent and received then check that her number is checked, and uncheck the email address. Does this happen with anyone else for either of you?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR