A Good Car Mount

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
My daily struggle is my constant use of GPS and combo of constant phone calls. I would love a decent car mount that would either work with my windshield or dash. Keep in mind my dash has a slight curve to it (if pic needed please let me know). Either way I would love one that if the time came I could easily remove and would not leave a mark on dash or window.

What would you guys recommend from experience?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My daily struggle is my constant use of GPS and combo of constant phone calls. I would love a decent car mount that would either work with my windshield or dash. Keep in mind my dash has a slight curve to it (if pic needed please let me know). Either way I would love one that if the time came I could easily remove and would not leave a mark on dash or window.

What would you guys recommend from experience?

I bought a few Chinese off brand vent mounts and DIY’d 2 of them in one so that I could easily put my phone in it and out.

If you’re handy, I recommend you to do the same.

You can get 5 or six car mounts for no more than $20.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There's a plethora of them on Amazon. Each car and personal requirements are different. I actually purchased one (brand unknown) that was for a great price but met my specifications for my car perfectly.

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
I use an Arkon seat post mount. It puts my phone right at the gear shift so it's not on the windshield or dash. Yes, you have to look down to see it but I personally don't like anything on the Dash or windshield.

Arkon Car Seat Rail Phone or Tablet Mount for iPhone X 8 7 6S Plus iPhone 8 7 6S Galaxy Note 8 5 S8 Retail Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EHQMZ6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3071024

That’s not a bad concept, but I’m a tall guy in a small car so leg room is essential. But thank you

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
I bought a few Chinese off brand vent mounts and DIY’d 2 of them in one so that I could easily put my phone in it and out.

If you’re handy, I recommend you to do the same.

You can get 5 or six car mounts for no more than $20.

I love vent mounts, the only problem in this car my vents are oddly shaped so it’s hard to get anything to actually stay in them

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I love vent mounts, the only problem in this car my vents are oddly shaped so it’s hard to get anything to actually stay in them

I agree, why do you think I had to order 5/6 of them ?
I ultimately found one that fitted and stayed in my vent, which I modified onto a car mount that I liked for holding my phone.

iKevinJ

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
Another vote for Arkon seat bolt mount, but with a different holder than previous reply.
Arkon Seat Rail or Floor Car Mount for iPhone X 8 7 6S Plus 8 7 6S Galaxy S8 S7 Galaxy Note 8 5 Retail Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I58NYN...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3071159
I have 2 of these in 2 vehicles, mounted for driver and passenger. Location is good for gps, easy to pull the phone out, and keeps it out of direct sunlight from the windshield to prevent overheating. Put loctite on the screws to keep them tight.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2