I took my working iphone 8 to the mall (fully working, just a cracked screen) and found a little kiosk that repairs phones. He took my phone to replace the screen and I paid. I came back later and he told me that "something went wrong" and told me that he tried multiple screens and the phone does not display anything. I was frustrated and furious, so I got my money back and told him to put my old screen back on. He did it, but once again the screen no longer worked!! The phone powers on, and I can receive phone calls but the screen simply won't work. My fear is that it's hardware damage that will cost a fortune to repair. What can it be?
    06-22-2018 10:09 PM
    I took my working iphone 8 to the mall (fully working, just a cracked screen) and found a little kiosk that repairs phones. He took my phone to replace the screen and I paid. I came back later and he told me that "something went wrong" and told me that he tried multiple screens and the phone does not display anything. I was frustrated and furious, so I got my money back and told him to put my old screen back on. He did it, but once again the screen no longer worked!! The phone powers on, and I can receive phone calls but the screen simply won't work. My fear is that it's hardware damage that will cost a fortune to repair. What can it be?
    Maybe some wires were cut or something? This is why I would rather pay Apple then those mall things tbh
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-22-2018 10:10 PM
    Seeing as you got your money back it might be time to make an appointment at Apple and be truthful because they will know your device has been tampered with and see what they can do for you

Good luck
    06-22-2018 10:18 PM
    As Kataran suggested bring your phone to an official Apple store. He's right, it is true that they will be able to tell that the phone was tampered with. If you had any kind of warranty it was void when the kiosk guy opened your phone. If he would have been an official Apple repair technician he would of been able to fix your phone with official Apple parts. You will have to pay the full price to have the screen repaired.
    kataran, Spencerdl, tr1ad and 1 others like this.
    06-23-2018 06:39 PM
    What does Apple charge for a screen replacement ?

Buy a new iPhone 8, and chalk it up as a lesson learned.
    06-24-2018 11:53 AM
    What does Apple charge for a screen replacement ?
    The price depends on whether or not you have AppleCare Plus.
    Sherry_B and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-24-2018 05:14 PM
    The price depends on whether or not you have AppleCare Plus.
    I know the OP didn't ask, but for anyone else interested;

I didn't read the terms and conditions for anywhere other than the US, but even if the OP has AppleCare Plus the service is not covered if the device was opened by anyone other than an official Apple technician.

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-su...naen.html#mn_p
    Just_Me_D and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-25-2018 04:34 AM