Iphone 8 black screen after Screen Replacement. What could cause this?

I

iMore Question

I took my working iphone 8 to the mall (fully working, just a cracked screen) and found a little kiosk that repairs phones. He took my phone to replace the screen and I paid. I came back later and he told me that "something went wrong" and told me that he tried multiple screens and the phone does not display anything. I was frustrated and furious, so I got my money back and told him to put my old screen back on. He did it, but once again the screen no longer worked!! The phone powers on, and I can receive phone calls but the screen simply won't work. My fear is that it's hardware damage that will cost a fortune to repair. What can it be?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I took my working iphone 8 to the mall (fully working, just a cracked screen) and found a little kiosk that repairs phones. He took my phone to replace the screen and I paid. I came back later and he told me that "something went wrong" and told me that he tried multiple screens and the phone does not display anything. I was frustrated and furious, so I got my money back and told him to put my old screen back on. He did it, but once again the screen no longer worked!! The phone powers on, and I can receive phone calls but the screen simply won't work. My fear is that it's hardware damage that will cost a fortune to repair. What can it be?

Maybe some wires were cut or something? This is why I would rather pay Apple then those mall things tbh

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Seeing as you got your money back it might be time to make an appointment at Apple and be truthful because they will know your device has been tampered with and see what they can do for you

Good luck

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
As Kataran suggested bring your phone to an official Apple store. He's right, it is true that they will be able to tell that the phone was tampered with. If you had any kind of warranty it was void when the kiosk guy opened your phone. If he would have been an official Apple repair technician he would of been able to fix your phone with official Apple parts. You will have to pay the full price to have the screen repaired.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2