Apple Pencil impossible to pair with iPad Pro

I

iMore Question

Hello everyone,

I can not pair my Apple Pencil with my iPad Pro 12'9 on IOS 11.4. I spent my day yesterday contacting Apple support who did not really have answers or the conversation was interrupted. Anyways. When I plug the Pencil, nothing happens. I restored my iPad once and just after the restoration I got an error message saying that the hardware/(whatever was plugged in I don't remember the name correctly) was not recognized, and now nothing.

I have verified the Bluetooth and it works perfectly, the lightning port is clean and my iPad charges properly, and the Pencil does not look damaged from an outside point of view ...

I have just been told that I had two choices: Return the Pencil and get them to send me a new one with the after-sales service, or go to an Apple Store and get it repaired, which often costs quite a lot.

Is there any way to make it work (knowing it has been recognised once by the iPad once) without having to go to the Apple Store? Not that I'm greedy or anything, but I do not really have the time unfortunately ...

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Take both the iPad Pro and Pencil to the nearest Apple Store to have them do it for you. If they can’t, and if there are no obvious damages to either, they’ll more than likely provide a replacement, although it’s not guaranteed.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My Apple Pencil stopped working one day. I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried. I took both my iPad and pencil to the Apple Store to have them troubleshoot it.
Since it was already out of warranty, they said my best bet was just purchase a new one.
That's what I did and everything is working fine.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Bring both to the Apple store. If you’re a male, and your devices are out of warranty, bring a female with you. Let them handle it...

Dorkzilla at the Apple store upgraded the memory in my mom’s five year old iMac for free. Go figure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2