Is they anything like whatsapp which has a desktop application and allows you to use multiple SIMs, or a desktop application which allows phone numbersto be used with the sim being used.
    06-19-2018 04:41 AM
    Skype, Facebook Messenger, Instagram’s built in chat feature and so on and so on.

If you want people to reach you, they have no reason not to, unless they’re not willing to.
    06-19-2018 05:17 AM
    Skype, Facebook Messenger, Instagram’s built in chat feature and so on and so on.

If you want people to reach you, they have no reason not to, unless they’re not willing to.
    Thanks for your reply, would those use your phone number?
    06-19-2018 06:50 AM
    I don't know a desktop app that would use a SIM tied to your phone number. Messages on Mac will use your phone number but doesn't need a SIM, it's tied to your iCloud/phone. You might be able to swap SIM in your phone but I would imagine it takes some time to switch everything out.
    06-19-2018 07:16 AM
    No, they have their own login credentials but you can associate your phone number with those services and people that look up your phone number will be able to find you on said services without needing anything other than your phone number.
    06-19-2018 07:30 AM
    No, they have their own login credentials but you can associate your phone number with those services and people that look up your phone number will be able to find you on said services without needing anything other than your phone number.
    You don't *need* a phone number for Facebook or Messenger. As long as you have WiFi access, hotspot access, or cellular service you can make free calls on Messenger. I've never added my number to Facebook.
    06-19-2018 05:46 PM
    You don't *need* a phone number for Facebook or Messenger. As long as you have WiFi access, hotspot access, or cellular service you can make free calls on Messenger. I've never added my number to Facebook.
    That’s right. I only said this because OP wants to give out his phone number to people instead of his name or username. Associating your phone number with those services allows for exactly that.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    06-19-2018 06:13 PM