I use messages in the cloud and works very well. However my question is how exactly do I keep them in the cloud but delete them off my phone. In other words if I go into the messages app and delete them there will that delete them off the cloud or just the local device or will this delete them from the cloud too

Thanks
    06-18-2018 08:08 PM
    If you do an iCloud back up of your device you can then delete your message thread from your device but if your using iCloud Drive and delete on one device it will remove from all your devices
    06-18-2018 08:33 PM
    Ok thanks. I’m using the messages in iCloud feature that Apple launched with iOS 11.4 though any idea for messages in iCloud
    06-18-2018 10:37 PM
    I use messages in the cloud and works very well. However my question is how exactly do I keep them in the cloud but delete them off my phone. In other words if I go into the messages app and delete them there will that delete them off the cloud or just the local device or will this delete them from the cloud too

Thanks
    You need to go to settings - iCloud and toggle off Messages. If you delete that thread it will be local to your device but that thread will still remain in Messages in iCloud since you haven't deleted it from there.

Just remember if you turn it back on on that very same device the thread will show up again.
    06-20-2018 07:21 PM
    That helps thanks. Do you know what the “conversations” tab is if you go to settings iCloud. Manage storage. Messages and you will conversations it’s showing a much smaller number for example it says messages is storing 280 mb in iCloud but conversations says I’ve 98kb how could I have 98kb conversations if I’ve 280 kB in iCloud. It’s driving me nuts
    06-20-2018 08:00 PM
    That helps thanks. Do you know what the “conversations” tab is if you go to settings iCloud. Manage storage. Messages and you will conversations it’s showing a much smaller number for example it says messages is storing 280 mb in iCloud but conversations says I’ve 98kb how could I have 98kb conversations if I’ve 280 kB in iCloud. It’s driving me nuts
    It's been like that since the betas for me. When you tap it and then go back to the icloud screen and return back to the screen that says "conversations" it gives you another number. It's just been sporadic but I can definitely say that my messages in iCloud has worked just fine despite that.
    06-20-2018 08:36 PM
    Yes I’ve noticed that too and yes I agree. But I’m just wondering why is this only showing some of my messages not all them that are in the messages app and why is it saying I’ve only 98 kB of conversations if my messages are storing 280 mb of messages in iCloud is this conversations tab meant to show all conversations or just the most recent ones etc as it seems to be displaying my most talked to people in this “conversations” view
    06-20-2018 08:39 PM