New iPhone or fix old one

AmericanGrizzly

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6s and the battery life is not doing so well now and my Siri speaker doesn’t work. Is it worth getting someone to fix these problems or get a new iPhone as I know when I update the iPhone to the latest software it slows it down anyway.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That really depends on what the total cost to repair is. Apple charges $29 to replace a battery out of warranty. The rest of the cost really depends on what is actually wrong with the device. The good news about your 6s is replacing your battery should boost your performance quite a bit and it’s getting iOS 12 support which, believe it or not, should also boost performance. My wife recently had her 6s battery replaced and it runs iOS 11 like a dream.
Then again, if you can afford to flat out replace your 6s and were thinking about it anyway you could always trade/sell it and get an iPhone 8 or X. You should be able to fetch a decent trade in value even with a bad speaker. The Apple Store itself is usually pretty forgiving when it comes to buying back older devices with bad components.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I agree with Rob. I’d personally recommend replacing the battery and wait for iOS 12. If by then you still find your 6s to be slow, you’ll then be able to upgrade to the newest phones by the end of 2018.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I do agree with Rob and JB however if you are looking for a bargain most carriers have deals now on iPhone 8/8 plus and would be a huge upgrade from your 6s .When the new devices come out in september they are usually full price for some time .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6s and the battery life is not doing so well now and my Siri speaker doesn’t work. Is it worth getting someone to fix these problems or get a new iPhone as I know when I update the iPhone to the latest software it slows it down anyway.

“Siri speaker”?....Please clarify.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods