I am searching for why a person should upgrade from a flip phone. How can an iphone add real value to our life? What do people use it for that makes life easier, or more convenient?
    06-09-2018 11:58 PM
    I am searching for why a person should upgrade from a flip phone. How can an iphone add real value to our life? What do people use it for that makes life easier, or more convenient?
    -Easier texting.
    -Easier navigation.
    -Easier way to find out what time that specific store closes or opens.
    -When at a store and you forgot what brand and type the specific product was, your spouse or mom or kids can send you a photo instead of trying to explain it to you.
    -video calls, instead of plain voice
    -checking the weather forecast if you need an umbrella for that day or a sunblock
    -listen to music on your device instead of carrying around memory cards for the car stereo

This list could go on and on into oblivion and still not be complete.

If you’re on the fence to get a smartphone there is more reason to buy then not to buy.
    06-10-2018 03:25 AM
    Basically, an iPhone is a pocket computer that can run all kinds of applications.
    nikkisharif and GoFixy like this.
    06-10-2018 05:28 AM
    Basically, an iPhone is a pocket computer that can run all kinds of applications.
    That’s simple and easy to use
    nikkisharif and GoFixy like this.
    06-10-2018 06:05 AM
    It’s a widescreen iPod with touch controls! It’s a revolutionary mobile phone! It’s a breakthrough internet communicator!

Kidding aside, smartphones (not just iPhone, although it certainly spearheaded the process) have changed the way we communicate. There’s always a running joke, “If your iPhone lost its ability to make phone calls overnight, would you even notice?” Thinking about an iPhone as a phone does it a great disservice. Thinking about a flip phone as anything more than a phone...well, you’re kidding yourself.
    06-10-2018 06:21 AM
    But when was the last time anyone read a story of someone walking out into traffic while staring at their flip phone? Or texting while driving on their flip phone?

My FIL has a flip phone and all he does is makes phone calls. And that's all he wants to do.

However, with a smartphone you can use the TapaTalk app to comment on this thread. 🤣
    Tartarus, nikkisharif and GoFixy like this.
    06-10-2018 08:03 AM
    I use to use my computer earlier to read news, email and so on. Now days I hardly start my computer, everything I do I do on my smartphone, pay bills and so on. Its so simple to use and its with me everywhere I go. Can't even think of going back to a non smartphone today.
    GoFixy likes this.
    06-10-2018 10:29 AM
    I use to use my computer earlier to read news, email and so on. Now days I hardly start my computer, everything I do I do on my smartphone, pay bills and so on. Its so
    simple to use and its with me everywhere I go. Can't even think of going back to a non smartphone today.
    I agree. It’s so rare for me to use my computer. Windows 10 seems so awkward to use now that I only use my iPad and iPhone.
    Tartarus and GoFixy like this.
    06-10-2018 11:12 AM
    If you’re that person, what would make “you” upgrade from a flip phone? Why would a person select a “flip phone” over one with a candy bar design or why would a person choose the bag phone over the huge Motorola walker talkie design phone? I assume part of the reason is desire and the other part is having the ability to do more than just talk.
    GoFixy likes this.
    06-10-2018 11:24 AM
    -Easier texting.
    -Easier navigation.
    -Easier way to find out what time that specific store closes or opens.
    -When at a store and you forgot what brand and type the specific product was, your spouse or mom or kids can send you a photo instead of trying to explain it to you.
    -checking the weather forecast if you need an umbrella for that day or a sunblock
    -listen to music on your device instead of carrying around memory cards for the car stereo

This list could go on and on into oblivion and still not be complete.

If you’re on the fence to get a smartphone there is more reason to buy then not to buy.
    This. ^
    GoFixy likes this.
    06-10-2018 04:58 PM
    Computing on the go, if you don't need that keep your flip phone.
    GoFixy likes this.
    06-10-2018 06:32 PM
    On top of what others have said, my phone is my primary computer. I run my life from it. I can pay all my bills, budget, browse the internet, call, text, watch video, GPS navigation, music, take and edit photos, etc. All right from my phone. Not to mention the Bluetooth connectivity with my truck allowing me to use my trucks audio system for calls, music, and navigation.
    GoFixy likes this.
    06-10-2018 07:46 PM
    But when was the last time anyone read a story of someone walking out into traffic while staring at their flip phone? Or texting while driving on their flip phone?
    Not fair because hardly anybody uses feature phones, and the majority of those who do can’t drive anymore. And, by the way, you can absolutely text from a flip phone only using T9 to type is way more cumbersome than using an iPhone keyboard.
    GoFixy likes this.
    06-10-2018 07:52 PM
    -easier texting.
    -easier navigation.
    -easier way to find out what time that specific store closes or opens.
    -when at a store and you forgot what brand and type the specific product was, your spouse or mom or kids can send you a photo instead of trying to explain it to you.

this list could go on and on into oblivion and still not be complete.

Exactly this.
    GoFixy likes this.
    06-11-2018 06:48 AM
    Thank you! I agree, but I'm too techy when I try to talk some times, and it always comes out "it's so cool" - so thank you for taking time to help me with this!
    06-12-2018 01:20 AM