What is the Best Use of an iPhone?

GoFixy

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
I am searching for why a person should upgrade from a flip phone. How can an iphone add real value to our life? What do people use it for that makes life easier, or more convenient?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am searching for why a person should upgrade from a flip phone. How can an iphone add real value to our life? What do people use it for that makes life easier, or more convenient?

-Easier texting.
-Easier navigation.
-Easier way to find out what time that specific store closes or opens.
-When at a store and you forgot what brand and type the specific product was, your spouse or mom or kids can send you a photo instead of trying to explain it to you.
-video calls, instead of plain voice
-checking the weather forecast if you need an umbrella for that day or a sunblock
-listen to music on your device instead of carrying around memory cards for the car stereo

This list could go on and on into oblivion and still not be complete.

If you’re on the fence to get a smartphone there is more reason to buy then not to buy.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It’s a widescreen iPod with touch controls! It’s a revolutionary mobile phone! It’s a breakthrough internet communicator!

https://youtu.be/wGoM_wVrwng

Kidding aside, smartphones (not just iPhone, although it certainly spearheaded the process) have changed the way we communicate. There’s always a running joke, “If your iPhone lost its ability to make phone calls overnight, would you even notice?” Thinking about an iPhone as a phone does it a great disservice. Thinking about a flip phone as anything more than a phone...well, you’re kidding yourself.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
But when was the last time anyone read a story of someone walking out into traffic while staring at their flip phone? Or texting while driving on their flip phone?

My FIL has a flip phone and all he does is makes phone calls. And that's all he wants to do.

However, with a smartphone you can use the TapaTalk app to comment on this thread. 🤣

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I use to use my computer earlier to read news, email and so on. Now days I hardly start my computer, everything I do I do on my smartphone, pay bills and so on. Its so simple to use and its with me everywhere I go. Can't even think of going back to a non smartphone today.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I use to use my computer earlier to read news, email and so on. Now days I hardly start my computer, everything I do I do on my smartphone, pay bills and so on. Its so
simple to use and its with me everywhere I go. Can't even think of going back to a non smartphone today.
I agree. It’s so rare for me to use my computer. Windows 10 seems so awkward to use now that I only use my iPad and iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you’re that person, what would make “you” upgrade from a flip phone? Why would a person select a “flip phone” over one with a candy bar design or why would a person choose the bag phone over the huge Motorola walker talkie design phone? I assume part of the reason is desire and the other part is having the ability to do more than just talk.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
-Easier texting.
-Easier navigation.
-Easier way to find out what time that specific store closes or opens.
-When at a store and you forgot what brand and type the specific product was, your spouse or mom or kids can send you a photo instead of trying to explain it to you.
-checking the weather forecast if you need an umbrella for that day or a sunblock
-listen to music on your device instead of carrying around memory cards for the car stereo

This list could go on and on into oblivion and still not be complete.

If you’re on the fence to get a smartphone there is more reason to buy then not to buy.

This. ^

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
On top of what others have said, my phone is my primary computer. I run my life from it. I can pay all my bills, budget, browse the internet, call, text, watch video, GPS navigation, music, take and edit photos, etc. All right from my phone. Not to mention the Bluetooth connectivity with my truck allowing me to use my trucks audio system for calls, music, and navigation.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
But when was the last time anyone read a story of someone walking out into traffic while staring at their flip phone? Or texting while driving on their flip phone?

Not fair because hardly anybody uses feature phones, and the majority of those who do can’t drive anymore. And, by the way, you can absolutely text from a flip phone only using T9 to type is way more cumbersome than using an iPhone keyboard.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
-easier texting.
-easier navigation.
-easier way to find out what time that specific store closes or opens.
-when at a store and you forgot what brand and type the specific product was, your spouse or mom or kids can send you a photo instead of trying to explain it to you.

this list could go on and on into oblivion and still not be complete.

Exactly this.

GoFixy

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
Thank you! I agree, but I'm too techy when I try to talk some times, and it always comes out "it's so cool" - so thank you for taking time to help me with this!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2