Sometimes this will go for hour or more. I can’t find to see what’s syncing on my phone. Thanks

06-06-2018 11:03 AM
    No telling what it is. Could be a number of things. Try a hard reset (reboot or restart). You might also try Reset Network Settings. Settings> General> Reset> Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.
    06-06-2018 11:28 AM
    Ok did that and still doing it. My battery was at 89% at 3pm didn’t touch my phone came back to it around 5pm it’s down to 71% and the circle is back. I’m getting real tired of it. I even reset my phone and still. Thinking android may be happening soon if this keeps up! Blah........ thanks all
    06-10-2018 04:34 PM
    Ok did that and still doing it. My battery was at 89% at 3pm didn’t touch my phone came back to it around 5pm it’s down to 71% and the circle is back. I’m getting real tired of it. I even reset my phone and still. Thinking android may be happening soon if this keeps up! Blah........ thanks all
    1. iCloud backups
    2. Syncing of videos and photos
    3. Email and Calendar syncing
    4. Syncing to Dropbox
    5. Updating apps
    6. Rogue app phoning home

It could be a number of things, and it doesn’t matter if you’re using iOS or Android. Go to the battery settings and see what’s using up a good deal of the battery. It may reveal the culprit.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    06-10-2018 07:48 PM
    Sometimes this will go for hour or more. I can’t find to see what’s syncing on my phone. Thanks

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c058d7fa8a.png
    Love the wallpaper, OP. Share?

Wish I had an answer for your problem. I can only suggest checking battery usage
    06-10-2018 10:44 PM
    06-10-2018 10:53 PM
    I have this on my 8 Plus and even spoke with an Apple Engineer over the phone about it, so Apple is aware. Factory reset and setting up as new without reinstalling 3rd party apps does not work. It's been an issue from iOS 10 through iOS 11. Resetting network settings stops it for a short time, then it starts again. When it happens it eats the crap out of my battery. What ever is causing it, it's not showing in battery usage.

It's one of two things; a bug in iOS or something going on with the sim card (syncing with the cell carrier). I've even removed the sim card and made sure it was clean. It's not phone hardware because the issue followed me from my 6s to my 8 Plus. The one thing both phones have in common is the sim card (I've read many threads on various forums where others have this issue and I do not believe it to be tied to one specific cell phone carrier service). I am currently waiting on a new sim card from my carrier, and am keeping my fingers crossed that the issue will be resolved. It's such a PITA!
    Annie_8plus and emscapt47 like this.
    06-11-2018 07:40 AM
    Let me know if the SIM card works I’ll do the same cause this is nuts that’s it’s not fixed yet. Thanks
    Sherry_B likes this.
    06-11-2018 08:54 AM
    1. iCloud backups
    I'm thinking we can rule this out as iCloud backups require the device to be charging, on wifi and locked.

Unless it's a manual backup.

However, I just did a manual backup and the "sync circle" never appeared.

Why is this doing this ?-img_4850.png
    06-11-2018 11:35 AM