messages in the cloud for mac and Apple Watch

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah it only appears when its initially set up not when any new messages are added. I think when any new messages are added it works the same way as icloud backup when phone is connected to power etc then it pushes them to iCloud (i think) can you please try and let me know. i set up my old iphone 6 with 11.4 as new and all my texts came back it was awesome

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
yeah it only appears when its initially set up not when any new messages are added. I think when any new messages are added it works the same way as icloud backup when phone is connected to power etc then it pushes them to iCloud (i think) can you please try and let me know. i set up my old iphone 6 with 11.4 as new and all my texts came back it was awesome

Oh ok gotcha!! Thanks for the info

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. See if the amount of messages stored in iCloud changes after you send a message to a friend and do a iCloud backup and let me know if you see it changing

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. See if the amount of messages stored in iCloud changes after you send a message to a friend and do a iCloud backup and let me know if you see it changing

My messages have updated several times & all my devices match up. I’ve also noticed that it does randomly update on its own & the status bar does pop up when its updating.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah it seems to work really well for me too at least so far anyway. I dont ever see a loading bar when the messages are uploading perhaps its different in each country etc. I have noticed each time i backup to the cloud using iCloud backup the amount of messages saved in iCloud will increase so at present i have 16 MB of messages stored but if i send chats to more friends and then manually do an iCloud backup this changes so it may say 16.5 or 17 mb as the increase is the new messages that weren't in the previous backup. This is what ive noticed but maybe you are right too. Anyway it seems to work very well at least for now.

only thing im confused about is the "Conversations" tab( Please see the screenshot)

IMG_2590.png you can see here "Conversations" are marked as zero KB but how can it be zero kb if ive 16 MB of messages stored in the cloud etc. This does increase from zero KB to something else if you text friends but will return back to Zero KB so just wondering do you know what this conversation tab is also ive noticed only some of the conversations are showing up in there not all them my most recent ones but what do you think thanks

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
yeah it seems to work really well for me too at least so far anyway. I dont ever see a loading bar when the messages are uploading perhaps its different in each country etc. I have noticed each time i backup to the cloud using iCloud backup the amount of messages saved in iCloud will increase so at present i have 16 MB of messages stored but if i send chats to more friends and then manually do an iCloud backup this changes so it may say 16.5 or 17 mb as the increase is the new messages that weren't in the previous backup. This is what ive noticed but maybe you are right too. Anyway it seems to work very well at least for now.

only thing im confused about is the "Conversations" tab( Please see the screenshot)

View attachment 123271 you can see here "Conversations" are marked as zero KB but how can it be zero kb if ive 16 MB of messages stored in the cloud etc. This does increase from zero KB to something else if you text friends but will return back to Zero KB so just wondering do you know what this conversation tab is also ive noticed only some of the conversations are showing up in there not all them my most recent ones but what do you think thanks

Yeah that’s weird...I can’t even begin to explain that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods