messages in the cloud for mac and Apple Watch

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
ah right i have an iPad iPhone and mac and between iPad and iPhone it works great delete on either device it disappears from both

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah it works well. why they didn't include the watch for it too is strange hopefully soon. on their website it says iPad phone and mac. perhaps they think on the watch not many people care as they rarely send texts off it. or views texts off it but still would be nice. I hope they change the layout to itunes to have it identical to the music app on iOS or even have a seperate iTunes app like iOS

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Messages in the cloud for Mac is included in the update released today (I think it’s today). Here’s the link for what’s included in the updates.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222

The only update I've received for my MacBook Pro today was iTunes v12.7.5. Other than that, there isn't an awaiting macOS update thus far, and I've been checking periodically since around 1 PM EDT this afternoon.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The only update I've received for my MacBook Pro today was iTunes v12.7.5. Other than that, there isn't an awaiting macOS update thus far, and I've been checking periodically since around 1 PM EDT this afternoon.

Yep...I verified the same thing. Idk why I thought it was out! Hopefully any day now.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I thought it was too. So many people are having problems with messages in the cloud some messages weren’t shown on new devices. I think I found out why (I think ) Craig fedherigi said only older messages will be stored on the cloud newer messages are stored locally cached on the device but that could be completely wrong

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was too. So many people are having problems with messages in the cloud some messages weren’t shown on new devices. I think I found out why (I think ) Craig fedherigi said only older messages will be stored on the cloud newer messages are stored locally cached on the device but that could be completely wrong

That’s possible!! I haven’t really looked into it yet...it’s been a crazy week!! I’m hoping to do some digging this weekend.