Should i switch?

I

iMore Question

Hi

I bought the S7 (NOT the edge) when it was released for straight talk. Sadly straight talk is the only carrier that works well where I live (South Central SD)

Unsurprisingly, my S7 has gotten very very slow and sometimes unresponsive. I've been wanting to switch to iPhones for a bit, but I was just tired of that same design over and over. So much bezel!

Then the iPhone X came out

Do you recommend switching to the X from the S7? And if so, any specific cases or screen protectors (no matter what, I'm getting both) you recommend?

Thank you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you use whatever smartphone you find that will best suit your needs. No single device or brand will appease everyone. With that being said, take a look at the pros and cons as "you" see them and then decide which device you should use. Take care.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'd go into a local store (any of the carriers) and play with the X on display and see if it's something you might like.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If the comparison is between the S7 and the X, I'd go with the X. But you have to remember you're comparing two different operating systems. If you enjoyed the S7 and just wish it were faster and more reliable, then you might be better suited to go with a more recent Android device. If you're not tied to Android and would be interested in something different, I don't think you can go wrong with the X. Just know, it's a different experience than what you may be used to. I'd recommend going to a local store and taking a look at the available options.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If you need a phone now, then get the X. If you could wait a few more months, I’d recommend waiting until September

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices