Why are both iPad and iPhone repeatedly asking me to enter my Facebook password in Settings?

Kumquat2

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday both my devices (iPad Pro and iPhone 7) both started repeatedly presenting pop ups asking me to re-enter my Facebook password in Settings. If I go to Settings I can enter my password and it validates ok, but a few mins later the same pop up reappears, if I go back to Settings it says 'there was a problem accessing your account' and I have to enter it again. I can't get out of this loop! I've tried restarting Facebook, restarting Settings, rebooting the device, deleting the account and signing back in, even deleting the whole Facebook app and reinstalling. Nothing's fixes it. The weird thing is I can delete the account and Facebook still seems to work just fine! Any ideas what's going on and how to resolve it?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
It's more than likely something on Facebook's end. I wouldn't doubt if they'd be having all sorts of problems for the next week or so because of the changes they had to make to be GDPR compatible. Yesterday was the first day that sites and apps had to be GDPR compliant, so I doubt it's a coincidence.

Kumquat2

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Good point! You'd think it'd be affecting lots of us, if not all, in that case. I've reported to Facebook anyway.

I also keep getting asked in Facebook itself if I want to enable some sort of one touch sign in where all I'd have to do is click my profile pic to log in rather than enter a password, on but I keep clicking 'not now' as that seems like disabling all log in security!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It's more than likely something on Facebook's end. I wouldn't doubt if they'd be having all sorts of problems for the next week or so because of the changes they had to make to be GDPR compatible. Yesterday was the first day that sites and apps had to be GDPR compliant, so I doubt it's a coincidence.

Agreed. I'm having similar Issues here but ironically the only one that hasn't asked for credentials is Facebook.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Good point! You'd think it'd be affecting lots of us, if not all, in that case. I've reported to Facebook anyway.

I also keep getting asked in Facebook itself if I want to enable some sort of one touch sign in where all I'd have to do is click my profile pic to log in rather than enter a password, on but I keep clicking 'not now' as that seems like disabling all log in security!
Same here. It won't stay logged in. Doesn't seem to affect anything though.

Kumquat2

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I think it doesn't affect Facebook itself, that happily still uses my photos, location services etc. It's just that other apps, particularly the native iOS ones like Contacts and Calendar, can't synch with Facebook.

ask4adam

May 30, 2018
Visit site
Yesterday both my devices (iPad Pro and iPhone 7) both started repeatedly presenting pop ups asking me to re-enter my Facebook password in Settings. If I go to Settings I can enter my password and it validates ok, but a few mins later the same pop up reappears, if I go back to Settings it says 'there was a problem accessing your account' and I have to enter it again. I can't get out of this loop! I've tried restarting Facebook, restarting Settings, rebooting the device, deleting the account and signing back in, even deleting the whole Facebook app and reinstalling. Nothing's fixes it. The weird thing is I can delete the account and Facebook still seems to work just fine! Any ideas what's going on and how to resolve it?

I'm having the same problem. Thought it was caused by another app, but I'm guessing that's because the other app tries to access contacts and the phone is saying that Facebook can't access them to verify it has permission to do so. Well, at least I know it's not the other app being shady. Guess we just have to wait it out! Thanks.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It sounds like they're having an issue with their authentication server(s). Nothing we can do to help with this... you'll just have to wait until they fix it on their end.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711