I'm working on layouts for orders. Now I have a big .ai file. I mainly work in Illustrator, but temporarily due to circumstances I had to open it on my gadget in Adobe Illustrator Draw. Probably there was an incorrect alignment of the filter layers, and you can not edit due to errors. What else to open? I really hope that we will not have to redo the work.
    05-23-2018 09:25 AM
    I'm working on layouts for orders. Now I have a big .ai file. I mainly work in Illustrator, but temporarily due to circumstances I had to open it on my gadget in Adobe Illustrator Draw. Probably there was an incorrect alignment of the filter layers, and you can not edit due to errors. What else to open? I really hope that we will not have to redo the work.
    From the adobe support forums:

"Currently, there's no workflow to support .ai layered files into .draw layers.

the only way that you can bring your illustrator file into a Draw project is to reference it as a raster/photo bgd layer.

but if you are already starting in Illustrator, you can easily go back to illustrator from Draw. Once your draw project is open, move those layers into your existing Ai project.

as for the Adobe Ideas (.idea) file, all of your layers will come across discretely As they were in Ideas. The transparency of each layer is also honored in the transfer from Ideas to Draw, but there's no way to pass it to illustrator between Ideas to Draw.... It's a direct shot.

A little off topic: you can mimic the brush styles of Draw in Illustrator when using a mouse. If you'd like to use a stylus with your computer, Wacom works well with illustrator. If you want to dig further, there are great 3rd party plugins for Ai like the ones from AstuteGraphics"
    pkcable likes this.
    05-23-2018 05:22 PM