Can this be done? I was initially told by tech support at Apple that with iTunes and an apple music account I would be able to play music 24/7 without it automatically shutting off..... this is not true. It seems to timeout after about 2 hours of inactivity and their tech support isn't any help what so ever.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    05-21-2018 12:00 PM
    Hey, that's a great question, but one that requires a little more detail.

First, is this on mobile or desktop / laptop? Second, that is considered "inactivity'?

The reason I ask is I stream Apple Music in my car constantly. And sometimes when I'm driving for work, I may be driving several hours one way. I start my music via bluetooth in my car, lock my phone, and slide the phone in the console. I've never had music stop. Now I'm also getting some emails and text messages, but I see the notifications on my Apple Watch. Not sure if that's still considered "inactive" or not, but I've never had my music stop playing, and sometimes I may be driving 2-4 hours nonstop.
    05-21-2018 01:40 PM
    Yes iTunes on a PC. It is a dedicated PC just for iTunes running at a business and needs to play music 24/7.... If iTunes isn't the way to go, then please point me in the right direction. It needs to run bonjour as I have 3 streaming amplifiers to cast to, and I need to be able to choose different genre's of music (classical in this instance).
    I have been testing this at my office and it will not work... it stops playing the streaming station after about 2 hours of my computer being idle
    05-21-2018 04:54 PM
    Yes iTunes on a PC. It is a dedicated PC just for iTunes running at a business and needs to play music 24/7.... If iTunes isn't the way to go, then please point me in the right direction. It needs to run bonjour as I have 3 streaming amplifiers to cast to, and I need to be able to choose different genre's of music (classical in this instance).
    I have been testing this at my office and it will not work... it stops playing the streaming station after about 2 hours of my computer being idle
    Just a heads up, I went thru this idea at my company last year and found out real quick it is illegal to run Apple Music, Pandora, Spotify etc in a business setting. Once done it is considered a public performance and unless you have a public performance license you are violating the terms of such services.

Do with that information as you wish but I would not under any circumstances use this as a hold music scenario.

As for running it 24/7, I imagine you would need some type of script to keep it active. I have no clue how to go about doing that though as I took the advise of our attorney and gave up on the idea.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    05-21-2018 08:38 PM
    It's for cows at a dairy farm
    05-22-2018 09:53 AM
    Just a heads up, I went thru this idea at my company last year and found out real quick it is illegal to run Apple Music, Pandora, Spotify etc in a business setting. Once done it is considered a public performance and unless you have a public performance license you are violating the terms of such services.

Do with that information as you wish but I would not under any circumstances use this as a hold music scenario.

As for running it 24/7, I imagine you would need some type of script to keep it active. I have no clue how to go about doing that though as I took the advise of our attorney and gave up on the idea.
    05-22-2018 11:39 AM
    Lmao!! Im guessing you are serious but that made me laugh. I gotta ask, what do cows like to listen to? I would imagine some slow jazz but I could be wrong and some edm may be more their speed.
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-22-2018 11:42 AM
    Lmao!! Im guessing you are serious but that made me laugh. I gotta ask, what do cows like to listen to? I would imagine some slow jazz but I could be wrong and some edm may be more their speed.
    ya it's pretty funny to me also.... until the dairy owner signed a contract for a $40,000 contract to be able to have his cows listen to classical music!!
    They want to be able to change up the genre's of music to chart the increase/decrease in milk production so it needs to be streaming and not linked to a library. Any suggestions?
    05-22-2018 12:28 PM
    ya it's pretty funny to me also.... until the dairy owner signed a contract for a $40,000 contract to be able to have his cows listen to classical music!!
    They want to be able to change up the genre's of music to chart the increase/decrease in milk production so it needs to be streaming and not linked to a library. Any suggestions?
    Have you tried iheartradio? I play that in my office from my pc for about 10 hours a day and it doesn't shut off. Im not sure if it will go 24/7 or not though. I cast it to a bunch of google speakers thru chrome. Depending on what kind of streaming amplifiers you are using that may work for you. The next option would be Sirius radio but not sure if you can cast that or not.
    05-22-2018 12:34 PM
    Have you tried iheartradio? I play that in my office from my pc for about 10 hours a day and it doesn't shut off. Im not sure if it will go 24/7 or not though. I cast it to a bunch of google speakers thru chrome. Depending on what kind of streaming amplifiers you are using that may work for you. The next option would be Sirius radio but not sure if you can cast that or not.
    Thanks I will give it a shot
    05-22-2018 12:56 PM
    How are you casting the audio? Is this through the web plugin on iheartradio?
    05-22-2018 01:12 PM
    How are you casting the audio? Is this through the web plugin on iheartradio?
    In chrome click the 3 dots in the top right and select cast.

Sherry_B likes this.
    05-22-2018 01:15 PM
    In chrome click the 3 dots in the top right and select cast.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4014c5cec1.jpg
    you rock!! thanks!
    05-22-2018 01:26 PM