How can I manage messaging between iOS & Android phones?

Rachael Lewis

May 21, 2018
Visit site
Hi Guys, I am really hoping I can get better results on open forums versus calling tech support that has no friggen clue.
I am an android user, and have recently updated my phone. I work for a company in which we utilize multiple group messaging threads. Today, I used the "enhanced group" feature, and it is the greatest thing since sliced bread for our android users and management members who have all 6 threads to follow and now conversations (on android) have the group labels, where as they didn't before. Also we can now add and remove people as we wish, I have had to make all new threads each time we add or loose a team member.

Now here is my problem, I am aware this is not an i-phone forum I am simply trying to find a resolution to the new issue our workers who have i-phone have, in hopes someone else in this community has come across this issue. The number that comes in as the header on the i-phones is a random 558-XXX-XXX number unfamiliar to anyone. Also, all contacts on the i-phones show the numbers as unsaved contacts within this message, however, the number is saved? Group and MMS is turned on, and apple claims its an android issue, but my android users see everything correctly.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re: How can I manage messaging between iOS & Android phones?

Hopefully someone more experienced can help here, BUT I might have a little insight. My office just converted to VoIP phones, now this is for our main phones, BUT I think the issue we are having MIGHT relate. When we call someone from our VoIP phones, the wrong number gets listed for us, I believe this has something to do with it being a VoIP line and not a traditional phone line. As for the issue with people's numbers not showing up on iPhones, my guess would be that it's a security issue, or related to that.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Hello @Rachael Lewis and welcome to iMore.

While this may not be a "solution", I'll throw in my $.02.

In my long career in Android and short career in iOS, one constant is the two do not always play nice together. I'm currently in several group chats that have Android/iOS devices in them, some started by iOS and some started by Android. What I have discovered is the ones started with Android seem to give me the most problematic issues, almost exactly as you have described.

What we finally ending up having to do was to migrate to a 3rd party app such as Slack and Group Me.

While probably not the answer you were looking for, it's probably going to be far better than constantly banging your head against the wall. :)

Hope this helped.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Hello @Rachael Lewis and welcome to iMore.

While this may not be a "solution", I'll throw in my $.02.

In my long career in Android and short career in iOS, one constant is the two do not always play nice together. I'm currently in several group chats that have Android/iOS devices in them, some started by iOS and some started by Android. What I have discovered is the ones started with Android seem to give me the most problematic issues, almost exactly as you have described.

What we finally ending up having to do was to migrate to a 3rd party app such as Slack and Group Me.

While probably not the answer you were looking for, it's probably going to be far better than constantly banging your head against the wall. :)

Hope this helped.

Exactly this!!!! For some reason, the companies just haven’t figured it out. It’s rather annoying!

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I reworded the thread title to make it appear as a question to be answered. THEN I marked @Lee_Bo's answer as "best answer". Hopefully this thread can help others in the future. :)

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

ALSO Skype, WhatsApp, BlackBerry Messenger, FaceBook Messenger, your choices are pretty wide open!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox