Wifi grey out no serial number also after replacing IC.

I

iMore Question

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with an ipad mini 2.

It has wifi issue (grey out) and also in the setting the serial number results as (N/A).

I tried to replace the IC modem (3 times) using IC of other ipads and I also bought a new one, but unsuccessfully.

I was aware that it is very sensible to the temperature and for that reason i never went over the 270 degree with the air gun,

I replaced the antennas too.

I also did the check of all the IC pins on the motherboard and they are well connected. I also measured the voltage on the supply's pins and they result ok. On the resistor it is 1.8V, on the capacitors on the bottom 3.8V and the capacitors on the top are 3.3V.

I tried also to reset the network setting and i tried also to totally restore the software but unsuccessfully.

Could you please help me to find out where could be the issue? I really don't know what i have to do.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello, and welcome to iMore!

We can't really help you with something like that. You'll need to take the iPad in to your local official Apple Store and have them replace those parts for you.

Always make sure a certified Apple technician does the work on your idevices. That way the work is guaranteed and you'll always have genuine Apple parts when repairs are done.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How old is the iPad Mini 2? It was released in 2013. Not sure I'd take it to an Apple Store. The repair would be expensive for an older iPad like that. You might take it to a reputable repair shop. Or buy a new or good used iPad.