Long story short, my daughter's iphone was inadvertently restored to factory settings.

There are many sites out there which promote software you supposedly can download and recover some of the deleted data.

An Apple rep claimed to know nothing about this. I hear rumors, though, that some of these apps are effective. Any familiarity with these apps? Can anyone give me a recommendation?
    05-07-2018 02:40 AM
    Long story short, my daughter's iphone was inadvertently restored to factory settings.

There are many sites out there which promote software you supposedly can download and recover some of the deleted data.

An Apple rep claimed to know nothing about this. I hear rumors, though, that some of these apps are effective. Any familiarity with these apps? Can anyone give me a recommendation?
    iCloud backups your phone every night so that you can restore it in such cases as your daughter’s.

Restore the iPhone again and choose to restore from backup when prompted.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    05-07-2018 04:26 AM
    I honestly wouldn’t trust any random third party apps that claim to restore your deleted data. They’re all garbage. Best thing you can do is check for any old iCloud backups and restore from there, or set everything up from scratch and be sure to enable iCloud backups in case anything like this ever happens again.
    Tartarus and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    05-07-2018 05:00 AM

We typically do not recommend those types of 3rd party apps because we cannot guarantee your security. An official Apple rep, even if they do know of those apps, are not going to recommend them either.

Did your daughter not have automatic backups being saved to iCloud? If you or she are not sure, reset the phone once more and during the setup it will ask if you want to restore from backup.
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-09-2018 02:25 PM