Iphone is linked with wrong Apple ID. How?

Naghmeh Torabi

Apr 23, 2018
Visit site
Iphone is disable and i connected to itunes and restored. After i restore, iphone said it is linked to apple id WHICH is not the same APPLE ID I used! WHAT? IPHONE SHOWING IT IS LINKED TO WRONG APPLE ID, YES, IT IS CRAZY! I restored few times again, itunes gave error code couple of times, but could not fix the problem and could not find any solution. What could have gone wrong? this phone has linked to my apple id since I bought it. How it is possible?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone appears to be protected by the iCloud Activation Lock. Only the person to whom account the device is locked can unlock it. If you cannot prove that the account belongs to you then there is absolutely nothing you can do.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Iphone is disable and i connected to itunes and restored. After i restore, iphone said it is linked to apple id WHICH is not the same APPLE ID I used! WHAT? IPHONE SHOWING IT IS LINKED TO WRONG APPLE ID, YES, IT IS CRAZY! I restored few times again, itunes gave error code couple of times, but could not fix the problem and could not find any solution. What could have gone wrong? this phone has linked to my apple id since I bought it. How it is possible?

Unless another AppleID was manually entered into that iPhone, I doubt your AppleID was in there in the first place as Apple devices don’t just randomly link an AppleID to a product.

So unless you find/know whom the alleged AppleID belongs to and ask them to type their password and log out of it, you have a fancy paperweight.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello, and welcome to iMore!

Take your phone, the paper receipt that has your name on it with matching serial number of the phone, and your photo ID to your local Apple store. As long as you have your receipt and photo ID to prove you are the person who purchased the device, they will help you. Without your receipt and photo ID no one will help you.

For future reference; typing in all caps on forums is aggressive and is considered yelling and rude. Those with bad eyesight already have the fonts enlarged, so there is also no need to type in all caps.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Unless another AppleID was manually entered into that iPhone, I doubt your AppleID was in there in the first place as Apple devices don’t just randomly link an AppleID to a product.

So unless you find/know whom the alleged AppleID belongs to and ask them to type their password and log out of it, you have a fancy paperweight.

True. I purchased a device not knowing what cloud lock referred to. Connected the phone to rhe internet. Was asked for my iCloud password. Typed that in. Did not work. So I checked why this happened. It was iCloud locked. I did check with the phone company that the phone is activated with.

The phone was not reported stolen.

Never did find out who owned the phone.

So knowing the ID and password would be the only option out there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro