iphone 6 (IOS 11.3) won't ask for password and won't unlock

I

iMore Question

My iphone 6 with latest ios version (ios 11.3) is stuck.

My iphone has password and touch id is disabled. Home button doesn't respond (hw problem :) that started to appear recently) and power button does not allow me to switch the phone off (it only allows me to wake the phone up).

When I navigate on application icons or notifications, I can click on them, but the touch seems to be ignored (even applications from the fast menu sliding from below, like the calculator or alarm). I simply can not unlock the iphone, because I am not asked with the password.

May be it related to Facebook app, since I recently agree to use the 4 digit password by error? Any clue?

Current plan is to drain battery down and force restart.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iphone 6 with latest ios version (ios 11.3) is stuck.

My iphone has password and touch id is disabled. Home button doesn't respond (hw problem :) that started to appear recently) and power button does not allow me to switch the phone off (it only allows me to wake the phone up).

When I navigate on application icons or notifications, I can click on them, but the touch seems to be ignored (even applications from the fast menu sliding from below, like the calculator or alarm). I simply can not unlock the iphone, because I am not asked with the password.

May be it related to Facebook app, since I recently agree to use the 4 digit password by error? Any clue?

Current plan is to drain battery down and force restart.

Thanks

Either restore the device and set it up as new or make a Genius Bar appointment with a Apple Store to have them check to see if the display is functional.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234