When I try to log in to my 2010 Macbook pro, the opening screen shows my name and 'guest' but when I click my name, the box for password is missing now under my name. Under Guest, there's a weird black box in its place.

What gives? My computer was feeling glitchy before this happened and the screen was vibrating and odd squares appeared and disappeard. So I shut down and rebooted. From that time, I could not do anything. I tried powering up with shift-command-option-power but that eventually wants me to reset my password and requires icloud & wifi, which is not connecting due to this weird password issue. I can't find anyone else with this issue and have been searching for a long time. I gave up in frustration and set it aside. Now trying again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-15-2018 02:15 PM
    I would try contacting Apple Support....

https://support.apple.com/
    04-16-2018 09:30 AM
    Sadly, I've found no help there. And now I'm getting a weird redirect message so it won't let me in. Not having a good Apple Week.
    04-16-2018 09:44 AM
    Sadly, I've found no help there. And now I'm getting a weird redirect message so it won't let me in. Not having a good Apple Week.
    Have you tried calling them? Here's a list of the numbers for the US, Canada and the rest of the world....

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Also IF you have an Apple store near you, then you may want to bring it in for a free diagnostic. Repair might involve a fee, IF you are out of warranty, BUT it's free for them to do the diagnostic.
    04-16-2018 10:28 AM