I use a MacBook Air with High Sierra version 10.13.4. While installing updates recently, I got a message that Microsoft will no longer support Word for Mac 2011 because it is not 64 bit technology. All of my saved documents used Word for Mac 2011. I was told by Microsoft that my files could now become corrupted and no support will be available.
    So I need to do something to preserve my saved documents and to be able to modify them as needed. I do not need a word processing program with lots of bells and whistles like Office 365 for Mac and $100 a year is not in my budget. Office Mac Home and Student is more reasonably priced at $150 that you only pay once. But Home and Student does not have very good reviews. My computer also has Pages version 7.0 already installed on it. I know I can turn my Word docs into Pages docs but Pages is not 64 bit either.
    I need recommendations as to what to do please! Thanks.
    04-15-2018 10:58 AM
    .... I know I can turn my Word docs into Pages docs but Pages is not 64 bit either.
    Office Mac 64 bit vs Pages-pages.jpg
    04-15-2018 12:18 PM
    I use a MacBook Air with High Sierra version 10.13.4. While installing updates recently, I got a message that Microsoft will no longer support Word for Mac 2011 because it is not 64 bit technology. All of my saved documents used Word for Mac 2011. I was told by Microsoft that my files could now become corrupted and no support will be available.
    So I need to do something to preserve my saved documents and to be able to modify them as needed. I do not need a word processing program with lots of bells and whistles like Office 365 for Mac and $100 a year is not in my budget. Office Mac Home and Student is more reasonably priced at $150 that you only pay once. But Home and Student does not have very good reviews. My computer also has Pages version 7.0 already installed on it. I know I can turn my Word docs into Pages docs but Pages is not 64 bit either.
    I need recommendations as to what to do please! Thanks.
    Have you tried OpenOffice? I know a lot of my clients use it because of the cost of Microsoft and might be what your looking for.

www.openoffice.org
    04-15-2018 06:25 PM