I used to like using voice dictation but it seems to have gotten fairly inaccurate in the latest iOS updates. Besides missing words it capitalizing odd words. The one I can remember is “Home” it always capitalizes it no matter where it is in a sentence. Has anyone else noticed this?
    04-07-2018 06:05 AM
    04-07-2018 06:18 AM
    I used to like using voice dictation but it seems to have gotten fairly inaccurate in the latest iOS updates. Besides missing words it capitalizing odd words. The one I can remember is “Home” it always capitalizes it no matter where it is in a sentence. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yep! Happens to me too.
    “Let’s go home”

I enabled dictation on my iPhone X less than a minute ago and then spoke the above quoted statement. As you can see, it did not capitalize “home”.

By the way, I’m running the latest official iOS release - 11.3.
    04-07-2018 06:50 AM
    “Let’s go home”

I enabled dictation on my iPhone X less than a minute ago and then spoke the above quoted statement. As you can see, it did not capitalize “home”.

By the way, I’m running the latest official iOS release - 11.3.
    This has been a pretty widely discussed (not just on iMore) issue with voice dictation. I’m not sure whether it not it has anything to do with the way the keyboard learns our typing habits.
    04-07-2018 07:08 AM
    This has been a pretty widely discussed (not just on iMore) issue with voice dictation. I’m not sure whether it not it has anything to do with the way the keyboard learns our typing habits.
    Don’t get me wrong. I’m not doubting the both of you at all because everyone’s mileage vary. With that being said, I read the posts and then tried it for myself and noticed that the “h” in home was not capitalized like it was for the both of you. That’s all.
    04-07-2018 07:12 AM
    Don’t get me wrong. I’m not doubting the both of you at all because everyone’s mileage vary. With that being said, I read the posts and then tried it for myself and noticed that the “h” in home was not capitalized like it was for the both of you. That’s all.
    Oh no worries. Context could make a difference too. I don’t worry about it a whole lot but I’ve seen incorrect capitalization a couple of times.
    04-07-2018 07:15 AM
    Doesn’t capitalize on my iPhone 8 Plus nor my iPad Pro 10.5”
    Good Luck
    04-07-2018 07:21 PM
    I just checked on both my iPad air two and my iPhone 8 Plus... I am not having this issue with either.
    04-07-2018 08:07 PM