My ipad is set to receive messages from the iphone. I primarily use Imessage but keep Verizon Messaging app as a backup. Amazon sometimes asks for a two factor identification and the code will NOT be received in Imessage till the iphone is within the house. Verizon app DOES receive the text.
    I have tried the turn on/off, reset network, sign out Apple ID. etc. = no change.
    04-05-2018 08:50 AM
    My ipad is set to receive messages from the iphone. I primarily use Imessage but keep Verizon Messaging app as a backup. Amazon sometimes asks for a two factor identification and the code will NOT be received in Imessage till the iphone is within the house. Verizon app DOES receive the text.
    I have tried the turn on/off, reset network, sign out Apple ID. etc. = no change.
    If your iPad is a Wi-Fi-Only model, it is not designed to receive SMS messages without being connected via Bluetooth to your iPhone, and to be honest, I'm not sure how the Verizon app on your iPad is getting the SMS message unless VZW pushed the message via Wi-Fi.
    04-05-2018 11:12 AM
    That is perplexing! I have a friend who only has an iPad. She's hearing impaired, and isn't interested in an iPhone. She is able to receive texts via iMessage as long as she is connected to Wi-Fi. My guess is that you're getting the messages from Verizon because the iPad is connected to Wi-Fi.
    04-05-2018 11:26 AM
    Maybe try disabling and re-enabling message forwarding. Verizon messages can be received on all devices that are connected to your Verizon account. I'm not sure if your iPad is a cellular model or not but if so that'd explain why your iPad gets those messages.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    04-05-2018 01:06 PM