Safari Autofill not automatically filling in website login details since latest update

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi has anyone else noticed since the latest update to 11.3 and 10.13.4 the automatic autofill feature has stopped working. ive noticed websites i go onto automatically used to populate the login details automatically before the update now I have to go onto the website and click the username/email box and then click the autofill option it works but is a more tedious way and doesnt auto populate. any one else noticing this.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi has anyone else noticed since the latest update to 11.3 and 10.13.4 the automatic autofill feature has stopped working. ive noticed websites i go onto automatically used to populate the login details automatically before the update now I have to go onto the website and click the username/email box and then click the autofill option it works but is a more tedious way and doesnt auto populate. any one else noticing this.

I've noticed this too. What's perplexing is the fact that while running iOS 11.3 dev beta 6, the autofill function worked flawlessly. Now that I've done a fresh install and set it up as new, it doesn't autofill. It's not a big deal to me because as soon as I tap on a field, the option to autofill is there.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah thats true if it deleted the function to autofill that would be more annoying its just an extra step to do. someone on the apple forums said its part of this whole clamp down on more priavcy and was included in the notes of 11.3 but i never seen any mention of it

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
8a3aeb60e5d014124acd0defdae3c7e0.jpg

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
thanks MattGuy10 so that clears it up i guess thats a pity in one sense

Yeah but if it’s for privacy or security reasons, it’s not a bad thing. An option to enable/disable this would have been helpful, but just something else to get used to.

And you’re welcome!

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah thats true. im all for privacy so im in favour of all forms of privacy so in once sense im glad apple did this im not angry just will take time to get used to i suppose its just an extra step

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
yeah thats true. im all for privacy so im in favour of all forms of privacy so in once sense im glad apple did this im not angry just will take time to get used to i suppose its just an extra step

Have you tried deleting a conversation in messages since the update? There’s an extra step there too.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
no i was going to ask that i seen they pulled the in message on iCloud feature the last minute so when you delete on one device it doesnt do it on another device. yes ive noticed this it asks if your sure you want to delete the message it never did this before. im guessing this was a leftover from the iMessages in iCloud feature that they forgot about

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
no i was going to ask that i seen they pulled the in message on iCloud feature the last minute so when you delete on one device it doesnt do it on another device. yes ive noticed this it asks if your sure you want to delete the message it never did this before. im guessing this was a leftover from the iMessages in iCloud feature that they forgot about

Yeah not sure why it was pulled exactly, but must have still been too buggy. Not sure if it’s leftover or if they decided it’s not a bad idea to keep the confirmation in general just in case you really didn’t mean to delete the conversation. Time will tell.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah true i suppose its a good idea. they seem to be clamping down very much on the privacy/confirmation issues.i cant wait for the iMessage in iCloud feature

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah. someone in apple told me its because they were experiencing bugs with it and thats why. id rather it be late and work right then have it out and broken

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Here is how to fill in passwords and user name. Hit on either user name or password blank. Then you will see thw word password onto of the keyboard like in this photograph. Hit on that there is your fill in password and user name option.

0372400e5938860a36c78cee022b127b.jpg

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
You can also click the suggested section of the keyboard as well (the grey box that appears above the keyboard with the suggested username etc )

MNKomrad

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Here is how to fill in passwords and user name. Hit on either user name or password blank. Then you will see thw word password onto of the keyboard like in this photograph. Hit on that there is your fill in password and user name option.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180405/0372400e5938860a36c78cee022b127b.jpg

That isn’t appearing on mine when trying to log into my Google account, but I have an attached Apple iPad keyboard. it should at least give me the passwords prompt as it does on my iPhone so that I can look up a username/password pair to use with it.

That is one thing Apple can improve on - associate many URL’s to a single login. Many sites have different URL’s where they ask you for the same credentials - eg. Google - it would make sense to say - hey Apple keychain, all of the URLs use the same credentials, so lets just keep and manage a single copy and not 30 copies of the same thing, shall we?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2