Ok, I have two phones. An iPhone X and a Google Pixel. Both phones have the same apps with the exception of a few IOS only apps and a few Android only apps. My Pixel is 32 gigs and my iPhone is 64 gigs yet my iPhone is always running out of regular storage and iCloud storage. How? Are the file sizes that much bigger on IOS? Is there a way to save on space?
    03-26-2018 11:45 AM
    Are you taking many photos and videos? 4k video takes up a lot of space.
    03-26-2018 01:15 PM
    Is there a way to save on space?
    Absolutely.

Once or twice a week backup all of your photos/videos on to your hard drive, then copy them to either a rewritable CD or a rewritable Blu-Ray disc. After doing that and ensuring you can view your burned images, delete them from your phone.

The only images I keep on my phone are a handful of wallpapers.
    craigrn16 likes this.
    03-26-2018 01:24 PM
    Absolutely.

Once or twice a week backup all of your photos/videos on to your hard drive, then copy them to either a rewritable CD or a rewritable Blu-Ray disc. After doing that and ensuring you can view your burned images, delete them from your phone.

The only images I keep on my phone are a handful of wallpapers.
    I'll try that. What about for iCloud storage? I'm not going to pay Apple a month to back up anything
    03-26-2018 01:38 PM
    I'll try that. What about for iCloud storage? I'm not going to pay Apple a month to back up anything
    Once you delete all of your images/videos off of your device they should disappear from iCloud as well.

Another thing that eats up a ton of your space are saved messages. Especially if they contain images. I never keep mine, and delete them all once or twice per day. Also under Settings > General > iPhone Storage you can get an overview of what is eating the most space. Things like Facebook and Snapchat can be deleted from there and then reinstalled. That cleans up a bunch of junk and gives you a fresh install of the apps.
    craigrn16 likes this.
    03-26-2018 01:54 PM
    Once you delete all of your images/videos off of your device they should disappear from iCloud as well.

Another thing that eats up a ton of your space are saved messages. Especially if they contain images. I never keep mine, and delete them all once or twice per day. Also under Settings > General > iPhone Storage you can get an overview of what is eating the most space. Things like Facebook and Snapchat can be deleted from there and then reinstalled. That cleans up a bunch of junk and gives you a fresh install of the apps.
    Thank you. Will try this
    03-26-2018 01:56 PM
    What about Google Photos? You can download the app onto your iPhone! Once they've uploaded onto Google photos, you can remove them from your phone, and still have immediate access to them via the Google Photos App.
    03-26-2018 03:55 PM