How do I disable Reader View in Safari?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
On iPhone, I tap the black icon in the upper left of the search bar.
0fb555af1cf2aca973d59b6b43d6c774.jpg

DA23

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Yes but I mean permanantly. At present it's a case of tapping the black icon which stops Reader View but then when I go to another page in the site I have to do it again! I want it gone for good, I want a switch that says: Never show Reader View in this browser ever again.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Yes but I mean permanantly. At present it's a case of tapping the black icon which stops Reader View but then when I go to another page in the site I have to do it again! I want it gone for good, I want a switch that says: Never show Reader View in this browser ever again.

You can’t get rid of the icon all together. It is possible that you accidentally enabled safari to automatically enable reader view for a specific site or for all websites. To disable this, press and hold on the reader view icon until a menu pops up giving you the option to stop automatically using reader view on the website you’re currently viewing or to stop using it on all websites.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can’t get rid of the icon all together. It is possible that you accidentally enabled safari to automatically enable reader view for a specific site or for all websites. To disable this, press and hold on the reader view icon until a menu pops up giving you the option to stop automatically using reader view on the website you’re currently viewing or to stop using it on all websites.

I rarely use reader view, so I had no idea this was an option. Always learning new stuff about iPhone, even when I think I know it all.

cyberbiker6

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
To disable automatically using Reader View for a particular website:

• tap the double A to the left of the Address Bar,
• select Website Settings
• turn Off the toggle for Use Reader View Automatically

To disable automatically using Reader View for All websites:

• go to Settings>Safari>Reader
• turn off both toggles.