Never enough storage

I

iMore Question

Whenever I get ready to take a picture it says I'm out of storage. My text shows a lot of storage. How can I delete some of the old text but keep the newer ones

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore! You a can choose to keep your texts/messages for forever, for 1 year or for 30 days. To choose which one, go to Settings>Messages, then scroll down to Message History and tap on Keep Messages and then select which option you prefer. Another thing to think about is to delete attachments, like photos or graphics. They take up a lot of space.

Also, in order for us to continue to help you, it would be helpful if you registered with iMore. Click here to learn how to register.

Once you've registered, be sure and post an introduction here. iMore is a great place, full of helpful people. I hope you'll like it here.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Text messages have to be deleted individually. Just delete the images. Photos, videos, etc. That's what takes so much space. Tap the i in the upper right corner, then scroll down to the images. Press for delete. Check any apps you don't use much, and delete them. You can download them back later. Delete cache in apps that have that option. Others you can delete, then download back, and that deletes the cache. Delete emails that contain images. Check everywhere, like in "sent", for example. Make any music you have downloaded back to in the cloud. Local music takes a lot of space.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR