Cannot download apps

Roysmokie

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I have just bought a 2nd hand Macbook Pro running El Capitan. I already have an iPad and iPhone and can download both free and paid apps on them. I set the Macbook up on my existing account but when I try to download any app I have to sign in with apple id, this works and I click install then get a message to verify my billing details. I click on this and get an error message on an otherwise blank page as follows :-

Your request produced an error.

[newNullResponse]

I am able to use iCloud drive and am definitely logged in OK and when asked for apple id and password for a (free or paid) app it accepts this then asks to verify billing info, when i click to verify, I get the above error.

Can anyone help, I am new to Macs as I have been a Windows user since Windows 2, I keep hearing about how much better Macs are than a PC and bought this to see if this is right but it's obviously not if I can't add any apps to it. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. In your iPhone or iPad, select the App Store app.
2. Select your photo in the upper right corner, if available.
3. Tap on your Name & Apple ID.
4. Enter the associated passcode.
5. Verify your payment information therein and/or edit your payment information accordingly..

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro